Mrs Judy Blee
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS18-06473
my website is - www.devontherapyrooms.co.uk
my facebook page is - https://www.facebook.com/DevonTherapyRooms/
I am 47 with a family and I love the outdoors and animals. I am passionate about supporting people to become happy and comfortable with who they are.
I have experience of working with adults at The Dartmoor Center in Newton Abott and with young people in schools (often play based therapy).
My Counselling Approach:
My work is termed ‘integrative’ because I incorporate different approaches in my work (Person Centered, Gestalt and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) depending on what best suits you, the client. I see these as simply offering different perspectives on life because different ways of looking at things at different times can be beneficial.
However, above everything, the quality of the interaction between us is the most crucial factor in this work. This is why I feel it is important for me to offer you an initial, free, half hour session so that you can decide if you would like to work with me. I can offer just talk therapy or we can incorporate creative activiites such as sandplay and art if this interests you. Creative activities can allow the expression of emotions that are hard to put into words, such non-verbal expressions can have a powerful impact at any age. What is of utmost importance is that you are comfortable with whatever we do.
- Qualifications & ExperienceA BSc (hons) degree, A Post Graduate Diploma in Psychology and an Advanced Diploma in Humanistic Counselling (This qualifies me to do counselling / psychotherapy).
I am also a member of The National Counselling Society. This is one of the organisations that set the ethical standards for our work and members must have the correct qualifications.
I also hold a current DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) clearance for working with children in Devon.
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Ageing and related issues
- AIDS / HIV
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Autism & Aspergers Syndrome
- Bereavement / Loss
- Cultural issues
- Divorce & Separation
- Eating disorders
- Financial difficulties
- Gender identity
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Parenting skills
- Post-traumatic stress (PTSD)
- Pregnancy related issues
- Sexuality Identity
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Young people and children
- Languages Spoken