Ms Kala Patel
Member Status: Senior Accredited
Member No: NCS18-06468
I am a senior practitioner with 22 years of experience having worked for:
Charles Keene College (later Leicester College)
The EAP based within Occupational Health at George Eliot Hospital
& Private Practice as a Person-Centred therapist and supervisor from 2003.
The above includes working with adults, children and young people including those who are cared for, fostered and adopted.
I also taught on counselling programmes at NWHC; with the Open University on the Death & Dying and Introduction to Counselling modules; and as a secondary school teacher in Northamptonshire and Leicestershire from 2004 to 2017.
From 1997 to 2004 I worked in a voluntary capacity for Open Door Leicester, NW Leicestershire MIND and as the Editor of the BACP RACE Journal.
I am currently a Psychotherapeutic Trustee for an independent school in London working with disenfranchised/excluded young people.
Prior to working within the Mental Health field, I worked and volunteered with numerous HIV/AIDS organisations in London, Birmingham and Leicester as a health education trainer and a manager.
- Qualifications & ExperiencePG Diploma Counselling & Psychotherapy
MA Counselling & Psychotherapy
PG Certificate in Person-Centred Supervision
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Ageing and related issues
- AIDS / HIV
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Cultural issues
- Divorce & Separation
- Eating disorders
- Financial difficulties
- Gender identity
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Parenting skills
- Post-traumatic stress (PTSD)
- Pregnancy related issues
- Sexuality Identity
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Young people and children
- Languages Spoken