Ms Julia Pracy
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS18-06100
I am fully qualified Emotional Therapeutic Counsellor. I work with adults, young people and children suffering emotional turmoil in their lives.
Most of us at some point in our lives experience feelings and emotions that we can’t make sense of. These emotions can be brought about by a crisis, long term situation, persistent unhappiness, depression, apathy or difficulties in relating to others.
I also specialise in sexual identity, lesbian, bisexual, gay and transgender issues. I listen with understanding, without judgement, and help and assist my clients discover their true self.
I listen and validate my clients feelings with warmth and empathy by creating a safe place for them to grow, and feel truly good about themselves.
Emotional Therapeutic Counselling is a therapy which helps to explore our feelings and emotions and it is our feelings and emotions which predominantly drive our behaviours. By using a variety of creative techniques I help clients to recognise and release their true feelings and emotions to assist in their healing process.
- Qualifications & ExperienceI am an accredited member and hold a Diploma in Emotional Therapeutic Counselling.
I am an accredited member of the National Counselling Society (this means our training has been assessed and approved by the National Counselling Society).
I am registered with the Counselling Directory.
I am committed to regular supervision and professional development.
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Ageing and related issues
- AIDS / HIV
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Autism & Aspergers Syndrome
- Bereavement / Loss
- Cultural issues
- Divorce & Separation
- Eating disorders
- Financial difficulties
- Gender identity
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Parenting skills
- Post-traumatic stress (PTSD)
- Pregnancy related issues
- Sexuality Identity
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Young people and children
- Languages Spoken