Mrs Lynsey Mallinson
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS17-05160
I work with adults, young adults, children and couples in Jersey in the Channel Islands.
Whatever it is that you're struggling with, I'm here to help.
I offer sessions indoors, in the traditional counselling room, as well as walking counselling and counselling with nature sessions outdoors. I also use Sandplay and Drawing and Talking with clients.
I won’t tell you what to do as I believe you know yourself best and that you'll find your own answers, with the right support.
My role is to sit, walk, or just be, alongside you, listening without judgement.
Together we can talk and explore your thoughts and feelings, or consider your options or any decisions you need to make, in order to help you move forward feeling differently about things.
- Qualifications & ExperienceI'm a qualified counsellor (BACP Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling), Drawing and Talking and NLP (neuro-linguistic programming) and practitioner with an externship in Emotionally Focussed Couple Therapy.
I have many years’ experience offering emotional support to people of all ages and backgrounds with all sorts of worries and issues. As well as running my own private practice, I am a secondary school counsellor.
I'm a counsellor for the Community Bereavement Service and a former funeral director, so I'm experienced in dealing with grief and bereavement and helping people work through many different losses.
I've been a Samaritan for more than fifteen years so I'm practiced in offering an empathic listening ear and giving people the opportunity to really be heard.
In addition, I am a qualified mediator, trained to help separated or divorced couples with communication, child contact and finances. As part of this role, I work with children so their voice can feature as well.
I'm also a volunteer counsellor for Macmillan Jersey and co-ordinate and deliver a children's programme with the Silkworth Charity Group which supports children affected by addiction.
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Ageing and related issues
- AIDS / HIV
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Autism & Aspergers Syndrome
- Bereavement / Loss
- Cultural issues
- Divorce & Separation
- Eating disorders
- Financial difficulties
- Gender identity
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Parenting skills
- Post-traumatic stress (PTSD)
- Pregnancy related issues
- Sexuality Identity
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Young people and children
- Languages Spoken