Mrs Lorraine Chow
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS16-03453
Welcome! My name is Lorraine Chow and I am a counsellor and Life coach at iLCoaching.
My journey to becoming a therapist began in 2006 when a friend of mine committed suicide after years of abuse. Following from this, I made a commitment to emotionally support others, which led me to become a counsellor and a founder of a charity in 2011 to help women who are homeless and/or have experienced domestic violence. It was here where I found my true passion for counseling and coaching. It brings me such joy and satisfaction to know that I have somehow contributed to another person’s life in making it a little bit brighter. Today, my efforts lie in promoting emotional well being for all through iLCoaching. Integrative Life Coaching (iLC) is about integrating counselling and life coaching to help best shape your perspective into a healthy and productive one.
- Qualifications & ExperienceI have a BSc in Psychology, and I am an accredited integrative counsellor. Since 2013, I have been counselling adults and young people through the BME community, NHS and Forward Thinking Birmingham. I am also currently part of an organisation called Tappy Twins who provide therapy and training for children, parents and education providers.
The following examples briefly outline some of the therapies I use:
Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
NLP Life Coaching
Emotional Freedom Technique
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Cultural issues
- Divorce & Separation
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Parenting skills
- Post-traumatic stress (PTSD)
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Young people and children
- Languages Spoken