Mrs Jody Wigfull-Coy
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS16-03259
I am a warm, empathic and approachable person who will encourage you to engage in the process at your own pace - whether this is in short term or longer term work. I am an Integrative Counsellor which means I can be flexible, drawing on different approaches, depending on your needs. I can help to focus on personal growth, enabling you to think about your feelings and take responsibility for your thoughts and actions. I can also help you to make sense of your life experience and current circumstances.
Counselling will involve talking about your thoughts, feelings and behaviours. Counselling aims to:-
* Help you make sense of things and understand yourself better
* Give you a safe time and place to talk to someone who won't judge you
* Help you resolve complicated feelings, or find ways to live with them
* Help you recognise unhelpful patterns in the way you think or act, and find ways to change them if you want to.
What can counselling help with?
* Relationship Problems
* Difficult Life Events - such as bereavement or losing your job
* Upsetting or Traumatic Events - whether this is something recent or something that happened a long time ago
Whatever your situation, some experiences can create difficult emotions such as grief, anxiety, guilt, sadness, failure, isolation, confusion, anger and low self esteem, which I can help you to manage during our therapy work together.
Counselling offers a safe, confidential space to discuss anything you want to. Counselling allows you to offload how you may be feeling and empowers you to regain control of your life.
If you would to know more, please feel free to get in touch.
- Qualifications & ExperienceAs an accredited registrant member of the NCS I work safely and meet the standards of the professional body as a competent and ethical counsellor through supervision, CPD (Continuing Professional Development), peer support, workshops and events. I have an enhanced DBS check and am on the update service.
I have extensive experience working in a variety of settings including education, health promotion, children's homes, charities, supported accommodation and community venues. I have undertaken training with various organisations including NSPCC, IDAS (Independent Domestic Abuse Services), Cavendish Cancer Centre, SYEDA (South Yorkshire Eating Disorders Association), The Theraplay Institute, Child Bereavement UK, MHFAE (Mental Health First Aid England), and Sheffield Teaching Hospitals.
I work with Sheffield Mind as one of the Listening Post Counsellors, and also help run the Dragonfly Bereaved Parents Group at Bluebell Wood Children's Hospice.
Level 5 Professional Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling Practice (Prof. Dip Psy C.)
Level 4 Diploma in Counselling Skills and Theory (Dip CST)
Level 4 Certificate in Hypnotherapy and Counselling Skills
Group Theraplay Certificate from The Theraplay Institute
MA in Community and Youth Studies
Advanced Diploma in the Therapeutic and Education Application of the Arts
PG Cert in the Therapeutic Arts
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Ageing and related issues
- AIDS / HIV
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Autism & Aspergers Syndrome
- Bereavement / Loss
- Cultural issues
- Divorce & Separation
- Eating disorders
- Financial difficulties
- Gender identity
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Parenting skills
- Post-traumatic stress (PTSD)
- Pregnancy related issues
- Sexuality Identity
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Young people and children
- Languages Spoken