Mrs Mariam Clarke
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS15-02625
I am a National Counselling Society Accredited Counsellor MNCS (Acc) and a qualified Counselling Supervisor. I am also a proficient member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP). My discipline is in Person Centred (Rogerian) Counselling and Psychotherapy and I benefited from integrative training. With over seventeen years’ experience in a variety of Counselling and Psychotherapy settings, I have a good understanding of working with individuals, groups, communities, schools and organisations in addressing emotional and psychological needs.
My extensive work within the Counselling and Psychotherapy field has taken me into schools, voluntary sector, small businesses, statutory services and private practice.
I pride myself in offering confidential and effective support in counselling individuals, groups, families and supporting organisations in relation to meeting emotional needs and building confidence.
- Qualifications & ExperienceI did my counselling and psychotherapy/supervision studies at Warwick University and gained the following:
Certificate in Person Centred (Rogerian) Counselling and Psychotherapy
Diploma in Person Centred (Rogerian) Counselling and Psychotherapy.
Advanced Diploma in Supervision of Person Centred Counsellors and Psychotherapists.
HNC Housing Studies
Certificate in Training the Trainer
Level 3 Certificate - Supporting Survivors of Domestic Violence
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Ageing and related issues
- AIDS / HIV
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Cultural issues
- Divorce & Separation
- Eating disorders
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Post-traumatic stress (PTSD)
- Pregnancy related issues
- Sexuality Identity
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Young people and children
- Languages Spoken