Mrs Karla Rumens
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS16-04075
Hello my name is Karla Rumens and I work predominately as a Person-Centred Counsellor here in Guernsey.
"The key to transformation is to make friends with this moment, what form it takes doesn't matter, say yes to it, allow it, be with it"
I first became interested in counselling 19 years ago in 2001 after undertaking a certificate in 'Communication and Counselling' Skills. This furthered my interest when I had the opportunity to train with Kathy Raffles Counselling Services for a Diploma in Integrative Counselling.
I aim to provide you with a warm open and confidential space for you to explore any issues that may be troubling you in a safe & peaceful environment.
- Qualifications & ExperienceLevel 5 Diploma in Integrative/Humanistic Counselling (NCS) Accred
Certificate in Counselling & Developing Bereavement & Loss with Kathy Raffles (KRCS)
Introduction to Counselling Skills & Bereavement & Loss with Kathy Raffles ( KRCS
Certificate Introduction to Communication & Counselling Skills 2001
Adult MHFA ( Mental Health First Aid)
Child Protection & Safe Guarding Children and Young People ( Island Safeguarding Children Partnership) States of Guernsey Education Services.
Safe Guarding Children and Vulnerable families for professionals. The Institute of Learning Guernsey.
Facilitation: Guernsey Mind
Tutor Support & Skills Facilitation: (Kathy Raffles Counselling Services)
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Ageing and related issues
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Cultural issues
- Divorce & Separation
- Eating disorders
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Parenting skills
- Post-traumatic stress (PTSD)
- Pregnancy related issues
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Emotional issues
- Self esteem
- Self-defeating behaviours
- Languages Spoken