CPD for professional therapists
Energy in the therapeutic relationship
About the course:
The energy that the therapist carries into each session can influence how the client interacts and
how safe they feel at an unconscious level. This will effect the the depth at which the therapist
and client are able to work.
With the help of highly sensitive horses as co-facilitators, the course tutors will help therapists to
understand how their own energy may impact their work.
This course will include:
• A safety talk about working around horses, do’s and don’ts.
• Meeting 4/5 therapy horses and identifying how you experience them.
• Identifying your own arousal levels and techniques in how to change them.
• Identifying the energy you are carrying and where in your body you are holding it.
• Engaging in 4 exercises with therapy horses to help you consider and reflect on how important
your energy is in your work with clients.
• Active and reflective learning.
• Increase awareness of your body and the energy you carry.
• An awareness of how energy is held in your body and how if effects your practice.
• Learning how movement can help release energy blocks and receive instant feedback from the
Ivan is a qualified Counsellor/Psychotherapist, Supervisor and a qualified
Equine Facilitated Psychotherapist. Ivan has Managed 40 and 20 bed
Prison Therapeutic Communities, helping offenders to understand their
behaviours and how their trauma effects them and those around them.
Ivan has worked with large (40) and small (10) sized groups within
Therapeutic Communities (TC’s) and has delivered TC Accredited training
packages within the Prison service over the last 10 years.
Ivan works in Private Practice in Staffordshire and is a Director of a
Community Interest Company delivering Equine Assisted Psychotherapy
to people in Stoke on Trent.
The course costs £125.00.
Lunch is not included so please bring a packed lunch.
Refreshments will be available throughout the day.
Cancellations will be accepted up to 7 days before the course start date. Unfortunately any cancellations received after this date are not eligible for a refund.
The course will run from 9:30 until 16:30 and participants will receive a Certificate for 6 hours of
Continuing Professional Development.
The course will be held on Wednesday 18th of July at:
Great Eaves Farm
Stoke on Trent
The course is restricted to a maximum of 8 participants.
Please contact Ivan: