Terms and Conditions
National Counselling Society (NCS) Registrants working with the Mates in Mind programme agree to abide by the terms and conditions laid out below alongside the Society’s Code of Ethics and terms of membership.
These terms and conditions will need to be agreed to before you see any Mates in Mind clients and before your listing is updated for potential Mates in Mind clients to find you on the register.
- I agree to provide a free assessment to all Mates in Mind clients (this will either be over the phone, online or face to face)
- I agree to a fixed rate of £30 per session, or less if my usual sessional charge is less than this fee, when working with Mates in Mind clients. This rate will apply to at least the first 8 sessions. Any change in session price after the first 8 sessions will need to be explained to the client and agreed from the outset.
- I agree to manage session payments and contracts with clients directly – I understand that Mates in Mind are not responsible for session payments.
- I will check that any potential clients have a Mates in Mind number/card (Mates in Mind clients will have a unique number on a card which they will need to provide you with an example of one can be found here).
- When requested by the NCS and/or Mates in Mind, I agree to supply anonymised information about any Mates in Mind clients e.g. main reason for seeking counselling, age range, gender etc...The NCS and Mates in Mind can conduct anonymised surveys and ask for anonymised data at any time (please note that any anonymised data requested will not compromise client confidentially/indicate a client’s identity in any way).
- I agree to inform the NCS if I no longer wish to work with Mates in Mind clients and understand that I will no longer be visible to those using the Mates in Mind filter on the NCS register.
- I agree to read the below documents from Mates in Mind. This is to ensure I have a basic understanding of the Mates in Mind programme and the industry in which potential clients work.
- Read this document ‘Mates in Mind Employer Guide’. This document is aimed at Employers working with Mates in Mind so some information may not be relevant to you but we felt it important that you understand the key themes. We have highlighted in yellow the elements we think are most relevant to you.
- Read this document ‘Mates in Mind overview’.
- Read this document ‘Mates in Mind Information’.
By setting your profile to display that you are working with the Mates in Mind programme, you confirm you have read the Mates in Mind Employer Guide, Overview and Information packs and acknowledge and agree to abide by the above terms and conditions.