Ms Sandra Gladh
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: SG00P08
I currently have availability to take on new clients.
In my work I am able to provide a client with a safe and confidential space and offer a non-judgemental therapeutic experience. I am a qualified EMDR therapist in addition to being a psychotherapist, counsellor and hypnotherapist.
EMDR stands for Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing. EMDR is a comprehensive method of psychotherapy that addresses problems that are based on earlier, traumatic and/or psychologically distressing life experiences or events. EMDR helps reduce the distress of all different kinds of memories, whether it was what you saw, heard, smelt, tasted, felt or thought.
EMDR is a proven treatment for trauma, but it has also been found to help with the following problems: Abuse, Anger, Anxiety, Depression, Behavioural & Substance Addictions including smoking and food, Co-Dependence, Chronic Pain, Complicated Grief, Eating Issues, Insomnia, Low self-esteem, OCD, Phobias, Performance Enhancement, self-harming Somatic Pain.
I can offer session of either counselling, psychotherapy, EMDR or hypnotherapy or a combination, depending on your needs and preferences.
- Qualifications & ExperienceI am an accredited EMDR practitioner and a member of EMDR association UK and Ireland and I am accredited by the National Counselling Society (NCS).I am a member of the National Hypnotherapy Society and HCPC registered as a Social Worker.
I'm trained to a degree standard in Counselling and Psychotherapy and I am a fully trained EMDR therapist (both for children and adults). I have a BSc in Social work, which included psychology and professional research and I am a trained hypnotherapist.
I have several years’ experience of working with adults, adolescents and children. My area of expertise lies in working with trauma, specifically childhood trauma (physical, sexual and emotional abuse), attachment difficulties, relationship difficulties, and anxiety and anger issues.
I am currently employed by a London local authority (30 hours a week) where I work extensively with looked after children/yp/unaccompanied asylum seekers. I also have a private practice, where I see adults/young people/children to help them towards overcoming difficulties.
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Ageing and related issues
- AIDS / HIV
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Autism & Aspergers Syndrome
- Bereavement / Loss
- Cultural issues
- Divorce & Separation
- Eating disorders
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Parenting skills
- Post-traumatic stress (PTSD)
- Sexuality Identity
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Young people and children
- Languages Spoken