Miss Azariah Shortt
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS19-07781
Location: Derry and Carndonagh
I have a passion for working with people in a therapeutic way.
I also thrive on learning, therefore, I continuously undertake professional and personal development.I am fascinated with human psychology. Why do people do what they do? Its so complex, individual and interesting to explore with each client. I have been studying, practicing and volunteering in the area of human psychology for 9 years.
- Qualifications & ExperiencePostgraduate Certificate in Developmental Trauma
Bachelor Degree in Counselling
Levels 2 and 3 Counselling Skills (CPCAB)
Level 1 Family and Relationship Therapy
Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI) Training.
Solution-Focused Therapy Training
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Training.
Circle of Security Parent Facilitation Training.
I am currently undertaking a Masters Degree in Addiction Counselling and Psychotherapy.
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Ageing and related issues
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Languages Spoken