Mrs Jane Jiggens
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS19-07649
Welcome to Willowside Counselling where I help both individuals and couples to improve communication, self esteem, self knowledge and find clarity.
In fact, a counsellor helped me with my own emotional suitcase and years later I decided that I would take my own experiences and work with people to help them find the clarity they were looking for.
Sounds all very simple doesn’t it?
But it was a journey. Along this journey I gained a huge amount of self-awareness. Self-awareness is a powerful thing and in working with me I am hopeful that you will feel the same. It’s not that life’s arrows won’t hit us again, because they will, it’s having the knowledge and resilience to overcome them when they do and to be able to approach life with a different perspective.
I believe our past has an influence on how we are in the present and that counselling can enable us to come to terms with what we have experienced in our lives.
Whilst you work with me you will have a safe, non-judgemental and confidential space to work all this out.
- Qualifications & ExperienceMy counselling course was integrative, which means that I have studied a variety of counselling theories. I am also a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and, along with NCS, work to their ethical guidelines.
I worked in bereavement and had formal bereavement training with Farleigh Hospice. I have also worked at MTERO HIV Charity and with people with HIV and with people who just feel lost, or want to understand why they think, feel and behave the way that they do.
Continued professional development (CPD) is something that I am passionate about and I take up various training courses throughout the year. Not only is CPD so important for a counsellor’s future growth, it is an ethical requirement. At present I am studying for my Foundation Degree In Counselling.
So, If you would like someone to help you with your emotional suitcase, then please contact me in confidence, either by email or my mobile.
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Ageing and related issues
- AIDS / HIV
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Cultural issues
- Divorce & Separation
- Eating disorders
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Sexuality Identity
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Languages Spoken