Mrs Jenny Edwards
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS19-07570
I am an experienced counsellor offering a safe, relaxed, confidential & non-judgemental space to work through your issues at your pace. I aim to ensure you feel as comfortable to talk about your issues as you can, to feel listened to, supported, and accepted.
I am passionate about helping others though counselling & it's a always a great privilege to work with clients to gain some clarity or feel calmer & accepting of themselves. I am a humanistic counsellor & work according to your need bringing in various techniques as felt needed with your agreement including mindfulness, journalling, CBT & EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique often known as 'Tapping'). My interest & passion is in helping people come to a calmer, more peaceful place.
My interest is in personal trauma and the impact this has on mental health & well-being. Personal trauma, small or big, past, present, one off incidents or long-term/ongoing, can have immense detrimental impact on confidence, self-esteem, ability to think, cope & relax and lead to living with worry, anxiety, stress, low mood & depression. Trauma is held in our bodies & can manifest in inexplicable pain and can also affect responses to seemingly normal people/situations having a negative impact on family, friendships & colleagues leading to feeling lonely.
I have worked with adults & young people in person, via telephone, online and have also run & facilitated group work. As part of my commitment to the profession I am also closely involved with Counselling Northwest as a member & committee member. I offer evening & weekend appointments as I also work for a charity working with schools.
I also offer counselling to counselling students and those wanting to work on self-exploration for personal development.
I am Registered Member of the BACP & an Accredited EFT Practitioner, fully insured, undertake regular supervision and regularly undertake opportunities for learning & ongoing professional development (some of which is listed below).
Are you thinking about counselling?
You may be unsure about counselling & if it can help. You may feel you have no reason to be feeling the way you feel or it may be that others have suggested counselling might be something that could help you. Give me a call to discuss this and/or book a reduced fee introductory/initial session.
- Qualifications & Experience- ABC Lvl 4 Diploma in the Theory & Practice of Counselling
- ABC Lvl 3 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- ABC Lvl 2 Certificate in Counselling Concepts
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) Level 1 & 2
- Working with CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy)
- Certificate in Counselling Young People
- Working with Relational Trauma
- Trauma, Dissociation & Recovery: Healing the Brain
- Living with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Living with Psychosis
- Living with & Working with Personality Disorder - KUF Awareness Level
- Working with Survivors of Domestic Abuse
- Attachment & Relationships
- Chronic Pain - Management for Recovery
- Understanding Drugs & Addiction (Kings College, London)
- Working with Domestic Abuse, Mental Health & Addiction (Action on Addiction)
- Working with Male Survivors of Sexual Abuse
- Suicide Intervention & Support
- Working with the Inner Child
- Working with & beyond Grief & Loss
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Parenting skills
- Post-traumatic stress (PTSD)
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Young people and children
- Languages Spoken