Ms April Clarkley
Member Status: Accredited Professional
Member No: NCS19-07539
I have trained to work with an integrating method, which allows me to draw upon a range of therapeutic approaches and techniques to suit individual needs and personal circumstances.
When working with children, I adapt sessions accordingly, using either a child lead or more structured approach. Play therapy skills may be used, where toys, sand and creative materials help the child to make sense of challenging situations and feelings.
I also offer a quick and effective one session therapy for Phobias, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), and other Trauma related distress.
Unlike other therapies, this technique does not require you to talk over your difficult memories in detail. For those with phobias, you don’t need to remember when your phobia started to benefit.
I enjoy working with clients from all walks of life, regardless of religion, cultural background, sexual orientation or gender identity.
You will find more information of the support I offer on my website.
- Qualifications & Experience- Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling with Children and Young People
- Post Graduate Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Fast Trauma and Phobia Cure Training
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Ageing and related issues
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Autism & Aspergers Syndrome
- Bereavement / Loss
- Cultural issues
- Divorce & Separation
- Financial difficulties
- Gender identity
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Parenting skills
- Post-traumatic stress (PTSD)
- Pregnancy related issues
- Sexuality Identity
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Young people and children
- Languages Spoken