Mrs Joanne Sainsbury
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS18-07518
I can help you with a range of issues, help make sense of your world and implement positive change.
I work integratively - an approach using many different theories that best suit you as an individual. The characteristics of a talking therapy is that it immediately reduces the anxiety that you may be feeling. I offer a safe place for you to come and share and explore. It's a journey to be relished as you become a better you.
- Qualifications & ExperienceDiploma in Therapeutic Counselling
Accreditation diploma in Meditation
OCN Working with Substance Misuse
Level 3 BTEC Advanced Award – Mentoring in Context (young people)
Level 1 Award in British Sign Language
Nine years experience working within the substance misuse industry offering therapeutic key working on a one to one and group work, on a short and long term basis.
Worked alongside KCC Supporting People – supporting vulnerable people with a wide range of health and mental health issues.
Currently volunteering with Place2Be to further my experience counselling children and working towards a Level 4 Certificate.
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Ageing and related issues
- AIDS / HIV
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Autism & Aspergers Syndrome
- Bereavement / Loss
- Cultural issues
- Divorce & Separation
- Eating disorders
- Financial difficulties
- Gender identity
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Parenting skills
- Post-traumatic stress (PTSD)
- Pregnancy related issues
- Sexuality Identity
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Young people and children
- Languages Spoken