Mr Marcus James (Sly))
Also known as: Marcus Sly
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS18-07487
I help people to transform anxiety, depression, trauma and work/relationship difficulties, and to understand themselves better, so they can be more happy and resilient, and live a life that's more in tune with what they want and who they are.
I have been involved with various therapeutic and self-development modalities for over 20 years and have a wealth of experience and perspectives to offer. My approach is flexible and eclectic. Depending on your needs and wishes sessions could include, talk, art and creativity, movement, embodiment, mindfulness, and breath and voice-work. I also offer sessions walking in the open air if you would rather not be stuck inside.
My experience is that when we feel safe, accepted and allowed to be ourselves it is natural for us to start to orientate towards well-being, healing and growth. I offer a safe, respectful and non-judgmental space in which I can support you to explore, heal and grow as feels right to you.
I work with a wide range of clients and issues, and have a particular interest in high sensitivity (Highly Sensitive People/HSP), introverts and being happily introverted, shyness, confidence and low-self esteem.
- Qualifications & ExperienceI have been involved with various healing and self-development modalities for over 20 years. I have a Diploma in Emotional Therapeutic Counselling, and am a qualified Alexander Technique teacher (3year/1600 hour training). I have additional training in body-based therapy with the Brighton School of Embodied Therapy.
I am committed to practicing ethically and safely. I am an accredited member of the National Counselling Society and have regular individual and peer supervision. I am fully insured and undertake continual professional and personal development.
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Divorce & Separation
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Violence / Victim support
- Languages Spoken