Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS18-06287
I began my working career as a teacher in secondary education. I moved to the voluntary sector, still involved with training, but also pastoral care and some overseas development work.
I have experience with clients bringing a variety of difficulties: depression, anxiety, loss and bereavement, post-traumatic stress, cultural stress and transition, relationship struggles, sexuality, sexual abuse and other forms of childhood abuse.
I have particular interest in working with clients of diverse sexualities, relational styles and gender identities.
I also have a particular interest in spirituality; however I work with clients of all faiths and none.
I am an Accredited and Registered Member of the NCS and I work to their code of ethics and standards.
- Qualifications & ExperienceI qualified as a counsellor in 2003, and then completed an MSc in Counselling Studies (Advanced Practice) at Edinburgh University in 2009; this included training in Supervision.
I have also completed a 2-year specialist diploma of training with Pink Therapy in gender and sexual and relational diversity therapy and I am an Accredited Advanced Sexual Diversity Therapist (Pink Therapy).
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Ageing and related issues
- AIDS / HIV
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Cultural issues
- Divorce & Separation
- Gender identity
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Post-traumatic stress (PTSD)
- Sexuality Identity
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Languages Spoken