Mrs Debbie Orfila
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS18-06280
My name is Debbie. I am a friendly, warm and non judgemental counsellor. I can offer you a neutral space in which you can safely explore obstacles in your life that are maybe holding you back. I work with both adults and young people. I work with addiction, depression, anxiety, low self esteem, loss and bereavement, self harm, suicidal thoughts, relationship problems and many other of life's issues that might bring you into counselling.
- Qualifications & ExperienceMy qualifications are accredited by the UK’s Counselling Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body, CPCAB, and I work under the ethical framework of the NCS. The spiritual side of my qualifications were gained through an approved CPCAB spiritual counselling course operated in Glastonbury – the foremost spiritual centre in the UK. I completed my Level 2 in Counselling Skills and Level 3 in Counselling Studies with Sweet Track Counselling and my Diploma in Bournemouth, Redlands Counselling Training, where I studied Integrative Counselling, which is a combination of Person-Centered, Gestalt and Transactional Analysis. I have completed the Certificate of Proficiency with the BACP. An obligation of my training was to work with an independent counsellor and so I have experienced, first hand, what it is like to undergo personal work in a safe and supportive environment.
I have an Enhanced Certificate from the DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service formerly CRB).
I am also trained in Motivational Enhancement Therapy, a form of motivational interviewing which enables the client to focus on change
Other training includes:
Trauma and the Body Dissociation and Somatisation (Online)
Kings College London on Drugs and Alcohol: Understanding Addiction.
ASIST Training (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training.
Psychology and Mental Health course.
On-line Therapeutic Presence.
Working with Anger and Young People.
Counselling with Spirituality.
Drug and Alcohol Awareness Training.
Volatile Substance Misuse.
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Ageing and related issues
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Divorce & Separation
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Post-traumatic stress (PTSD)
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Young people and children
- Languages Spoken