Mr Tony Chapman
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS17-05614
Hello, I am a registered counsellor and psychotherapist specialising in Anxiety, Abuse, Anger and Addiction. I practice in the heart of the City of London, just a short walk from Bank tube station. Clapham and Tooting in South West London and I also work from my home office in Haywards Heath.
I use my training to help you evoke greater insight, new perspectives, find acceptance and discover patterns of behaviour and their underlying causes. I work hard to help you find new practical and emotional strategies, in order to provide future resilience and a renewed zest for life.
I understand that making the first step towards change can be extremely difficult. So even if you would like to just ask a question in confidence, or make an appointment to meet in person, please do not hesitate to give me a call or send me an email.
Prior to embracing my new career I worked in business as a company Director based in London for 25 years. My enthusiasm for counselling and psychotherapy and their power to enable positive change in people’s lives has been enhanced by both my personal experiences and a desire for deeper fulfilment and meaning.
I have experience working with a multitude of issues in both private practice, agency settings and within the National Health Service. I have experience of intensive long-term and short-term, solution focussed work. In addition to the National Counselling Society I am also a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy.
- Qualifications & ExperienceMy training is essentially integrative, client centred and technically eclectic, it uses elements of psychodynamic theory and blends experiential dynamic approaches with emotion focussed therapy and mindfulness. It is based on evidence from current advances in neuroscience and interpersonal neurobiology. As a general principal I focus on a more intense, shorter-term therapy.
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Ageing and related issues
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Divorce & Separation
- Eating disorders
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Post-traumatic stress (PTSD)
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Languages Spoken