Mr Matthew Hart
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS17-05378
I believe that there is something of a taboo around talking therapies. Somehow, reaching out for support makes you ‘less-than’ or ‘weak’ in some way. Yet I believe that most if us are fragmented and wounded in some way, and at a certain time in one's life, asking for help is actually the wise and brave course of action.
I encourage you to get in touch to discuss whether I am the right person to help with your needs. This may involve looking at some difficult questions like - 'How much do you really want change?' and 'Are you ready to make a committment to the process?'
The kind of therapy that I offer is called Gestalt (meaning Whole or complete) and is very much grounded in what is happening in the here and now. It is focussed on what is happening between the people in the room. This relationship is central to the success of the work. For some people this may seem a bit odd at first, but it is actually a powerful tool - from this awareness, deeper and deeper insight into one's ways of relating and seeing the world can emerge.
- Qualifications & ExperienceI am a Psychotherapuetic Counsellor(MNCS accred) as well as being in the advanced stages of psychotherapy training with the Welsh Psychotherapy Partnership. I work as part of my college’s Affordable Therapy Service. This service aims to provide high quality psychotherapy at relatively low cost from therapist who are in training towards UKCP (United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy)registration. It means that I am overseen by my college and I am in regular supervision at a frequency related to the number of clients that I see as stipulated by my college. The fees I charge are also limited by the service.
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Ageing and related issues
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Financial difficulties
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Parenting skills
- Post-traumatic stress (PTSD)
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Languages Spoken