Mrs Heather Anderson
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS17-05310
I have been a counsellor now for over 10 years. I mainly work with adults however I have experience of working with young children ( I worked as a therapist in a primary school for 7 years), teenagers ( I worked as a therapist with teenagers in care for 3 years), families and adults. I worked with C.A.N. for 2 years, Northampton hospital bereavement service and Northampton University as a counsellor. As well as this I have worked for the past 7 years with the BMA counselling its members. I try to keep my prices affordable so that people are more able to access counselling. Life can be quite a challenge at times, and when stress levels reach the point where you feel completely overwhelmed, it usually doesn't only affect your personal life but also your health, your well-being, your performance at work and your quality of life.
I offer support and assistance to clients who experience difficulties in handling personal and work related problems, clients who have been exposed to severe trauma, or who have trouble coping with change and anxiety.
Counselling is an effective way to provide you with insights into the way you behave in certain situations.
I am a humanistic counsellor, and work in a person centred way.
- Qualifications & ExperienceMA Counselling Practice
PG Diploma in Counselling Supervision
Advanced Diploma in CBT for Person Centred Therapists
Advanced Diploma Counselling
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Ageing and related issues
- AIDS / HIV
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Autism & Aspergers Syndrome
- Bereavement / Loss
- Divorce & Separation
- Gender identity
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Parenting skills
- Post-traumatic stress (PTSD)
- Pregnancy related issues
- Sexuality Identity
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Violence / Victim support
- Young people and children
- Languages Spoken