Mr Petrus Naude
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS17-05167
Location: Tunbridge Wells
I specialise in Person-Centred therapy for children, adolescents and adults. Within my practice, I incorporate elements from REBT/CBT modalities, Solution-Focused therapy, Gestalt and Play Therapy.
As a practitioner I have had experience of working with children from diverse social/ethnic backgrounds, children in care and people in crisis.
I am of the belief that emotional well-being can be achieved through collaboration with the client. Therefore, I place emphasis on the therapeutic alliance and the provision of a safe space.
In addition, I support the development of trainee Play Therapists and I offer clinical supervision to trainees as well as qualified Play Therapists.
My practice is in the Tunbridge Wells area but in addition I am happy to offer sessions by Skype.
I am registered both as an Anxiety UK Person Centred Counsellor and a Crisis Text Line Counsellor.
- Qualifications & ExperienceHigher Education Diploma
Qualified Teacher status (QTS)
PG. Certificate in Therapeutic Play Skills
PG. Diploma in Play Therapy
PQ. Certificate in Clinical Supervision (Play and Creative Arts Therapy)
Diploma in CBT/Rational Emotive Behavioural Therapy
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- AIDS / HIV
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Autism & Aspergers Syndrome
- Bereavement / Loss
- Cultural issues
- Divorce & Separation
- Gender identity
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Parenting skills
- Sexuality Identity
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Young people and children
- Languages Spoken