Mr Jon Durbridge
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS17-04877
My clients say that I have changed their lives. Where at first they had feelings of doubt and worry about sharing thoughts with a stranger, they now can’t imagine life without our sessions.
There doesn’t have to be a specific reason why you want to talk to a counsellor. You may not even be aware of an issue. But as our therapist-client relationship develops, we may discover together areas of our lives that could use a little tweaking through a little soul searching and self-development.
Sharing the smallest thoughts which trouble us can lead to enormous comfort and peace of mind. Often, the issue we think is troubling us might not be the real issue at all. In our sessions, we can explore ways to bring clarity to our lives to make for a happier existence. This newfound peace of mind will make an enormous difference to your life, and even those around you.
Counselling gives you the chance to talk about yourself in a safe and completely confidential environment, and can help you to reach your full potential.
Areas covered could include:
• Person-centred therapy – you’re free to express your emotions and feelings in a relaxed and non-judgemental private setting. For instance, you might just feel a bit stuck and would like an outlet, speaking with someone who is completely objective.
• Self-defeating behaviour – tackling habits and patterns of thinking that you’d like to address, including behaviour which holds you back, perhaps causing unwanted anxiety and worry.
• Working through past experiences – exploring influences of your current behaviour and changing it.
• Relationships – recognise and manage differences, and negative patterns, within relationships – then working to adapt and change them.
• Solution-focused therapy – addressing a particular issue and promoting positive change, focusing on your (sometimes unknown) strengths.
• Personal trait changes and enhancement. Would you like be more assertive, or even just find a way to curb anger sometimes?
Our first consultation is absolutely free. This will give you the chance to assess if I’m the right person for you, and for us to work out together, how we think our sessions would be useful in your life. We can just get to know each other in this first meeting and take it from there, with no commitment to continue further.
But I think you’ll be amazed how speaking about the smallest things can bring a positive and fulfilling change to your life.
I’m also a qualified Hypnotherapist, registered on the National Hypnotherapy Society’s accredited register. I have a Diploma In Hypnotherapy and Counselling Skills (Dip Hyp CS) from Chrysalis Courses.
Hypnotherapy can be a powerful and fulfilling way to conquer the stresses and strife we all face daily, including:
• Weight loss and healthy eating
• Stopping Smoking
• Changing an unwanted habit or behaviour
• Self-confidence boosters
• Anxiety and panic attacks
• Conquer a fear – such as a wedding speech, interview, or driving test
If you haven’t experienced hypnotherapy before, you can even try a session just for relaxation. This is also something I can teach you to practice by yourself.
A wonderful way to escape daily woes, even for a couple of minutes or so, leaving your mind clear to carry on with your day. I often use self-hypnosis to aid my own sleeping, for those frustrating times when we wake up in the middle of the night and a million and one thoughts are going through your head.
Please feel free to discuss any matter, in confidence, over the phone on 07734 571 753.
Alternatively, email me: email@example.com. There’s no obligation to proceed.
I am registered on the National Counselling Society’s accredited register. Advanced Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling (Ad Dip PC)
JON DURBRIDGE (MHS) Dip Hyp CS – Member of the National Hypnotherapy Society
- Qualifications & ExperienceAdvanced Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling (Ad Dip PC)
National Counselling Society’s accredited register.
Diploma in Hypnotherapy - Dip Hyp CS
Member of the National Hypnotherapy Society (MHS)
- What I can help with
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Ageing and related issues
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Financial difficulties
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Emotional issues
- Hypno-band (weight loss)
- Job interviews
- Panic attacks
- Phobias: flying
- Public speaking: stage fright
- Self esteem
- Self-defeating behaviours
- Stop smoking
- Languages Spoken