Ms Alex Pearse
Member Status: Senior Accredited
Member No: NCS17-04692
Location: Stroud and Gloucester
Sometimes it’s difficult to talk about what's bothering you, specially to family and friends and sometimes you know you're not feeling quite right, but can't put your finger on what the problem is. It can help to talk to an experienced therapist who will listen without judgement.
Counselling and psychotherapy can offer you another way to think about what might be going on and help you work out new ways of understanding and dealing issues and questions that you may have.
I offer a confidential service whether your issues are about work, life and change, illness, bereavement and loss ; parenting, relationships and childhood or maybe just the sense you have that things not quite working out for you and you want to think about why.
As a qualified and experienced supervisor, I also offer support and supervision to student and working counsellors. I am available for one- off consultations and on-going work.
- Qualifications & ExperienceI am a qualified integrative and relational therapist and supervisor with over thirty years experience. I run a private psychotherapy, counselling and supervision practice in Stroud and Gloucester working with adults both short and long term. I also work as an affiliate psychotherapist with Gloucestershire and Wiltshire County Councils and am a reflective practice consultant with leaders and staff in education and the health sector.
I have a post-graduate NPS Diploma in Trauma Therapy and a BACP accredited Diploma in Counselling. I undertook further post qualification training in Reflective Therapeutic Practice qualifying with distinction from Middlesex University
In the 1990's I undertook a full-time work place psychodynamic training when working with adults who had acute and chronic mental health difficulties and I hold the NCS approved post graduate Advanced Diploma in Relational Supervision and the British Psychological Society Certificate in Clinical Supervision
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Ageing and related issues
- AIDS / HIV
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Autism & Aspergers Syndrome
- Bereavement / Loss
- Cultural issues
- Divorce & Separation
- Gender identity
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Parenting skills
- Pregnancy related issues
- Sexuality Identity
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Emotional issues
- Self esteem
- Self-defeating behaviours
- Chronic fatigue syndrome / m.e.
- Languages Spoken