PHD Jana Martiskova
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS17-04567
Thank you for visiting my profile.
My practice is founded on evidence-based therapeutic interventions, including Rational Emotive Behavioural Therapy (REBT), Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and Evidence-Based Hypnotherapy. I am also trained in integrative therapy and use strategies based on Mindfulness, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, and Compassion Focused Therapy. Moreover, I can incorporate my skills in Stress Management and Assertiveness as appropriate. At the centre of my practice is empathy and compassion.
I work with adults on a one-to-one basis. My approach is action oriented, collaborative and engaging, focused on exploring and identifying your individual needs and understand your thinking patterns. As the sessions progress, we work together to challenge unhelpful thoughts and managing unhealthy negative emotions so that you can change the way you respond to specific situations. We focus on changes at the cognitive, emotional, and behavioural levels.
Using evidence-based methods of Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapy, I can support you to reinforce the work done in the sessions and to instill an enduring positive change.
To further support your progress, I offer relaxation training to help you manage your stress and create an opportunity to reinforce the positive behaviours learned in the sessions.
I provide a safe and confidential space where you can feel comfortable discussing your specific struggles and needs.
- Qualifications & ExperienceCBT/REBT
- Diploma in CBT/REBT
- Advanced Diploma in CBT/REBT
- Advanced Diploma in Integrative Therapy
- Diploma in Cognitive-Behavioral Hypnotherapy
- MSc. Degree in Psychology
- Doctorate in Psychology (comparable to British professional Master)
- Ph.D Degree in Psychology
The National Counselling Society - Accredited Registrant
General Hypnotherapy Register - Registered Hypnotherapist
- What I can help with
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Autism & Aspergers Syndrome
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Parenting skills
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Emotional issues
- Job interviews
- Panic attacks
- Phobias: dentists
- Phobias: flying
- Phobias: heights
- Public speaking: stage fright
- Self esteem
- Self-defeating behaviours
- Start exercising
- Stop smoking
- Languages Spoken