Ms Kate Clements
Also known as: Kathryn Raghunath
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS17-04188
Location: Shepton Mallet
Welcome to my profile. My name is Kate Clements and my practice is located in a pleasant self-contained room in the grounds of an old, grade 2 listed house situated in the village of Alhampton between Castle Cary and Shepton Mallet. You will be seen in a welcoming, comfortable environment with the added convenience of a private car park.
My approach to therapy, formulated over more than twenty five years of working with children, young people and adults, is creative, empathic, warm and person centered. Experience of working with depression, eating disorders, anxiety, trauma and self harm lead me to specialise for some time in working with children and adults who have survived abuse.
Some of my work has been in psychiatry at Great Ormond Street Children's Hospital and Huntercombe Manor Psychiatric Hospital where I worked in the Eating Disorders Units and the Young People's Unit.
I have also worked as a carers support worker in the community, in residential homes for abused children, a women's refuge and for 12 years in private practice in Alhampton.
My aim is to provide a place where you feel safe and supported whilst we navigate through the issues that prompted you to consider therapy/counselling. I am an integrative psychotherapist and counsellor which means I use several different therapeutic models and techniques. Therefore, we could approach your therapy using an in depth exploration of the past and it's effects on present relationships, behaviours and life choices, or a short counselling course of six sessions, perhaps an informal counselling session, or one of the other therapies I offer such as clinical hypnotherapy, cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) or brain working recursive therapy (BWRT). As you are an individual and I am a person centered therapist, we will work together in a way that suits you, often encompassing several modes of therapy as and when it is appropriate.
You are invited to book a free half hour initial consultation to see if we would like to work together. Please call or email me to arrange an appointment.
- Qualifications & ExperienceI am a qualified, registered psychotherapist, counsellor and clinical hypnotherapist I hold a BSc hons degree in Psychology, an MA and advanced training diploma in Art Psychotherapy, a certificate of training in Core Process Psychotherapy, a diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy, an advanced training diploma in Integrative Psychotherapy and Counselling both with distinctions and have completed though not yet accredited in level 1 Brain Working Recursive Therapy (BWRT) training. Whilst practicing, I have always continued my professional development with short courses such as CBT and conferences on subjects such as eating disorders.
I am an accredited member of The Hypnotherapy Society (HS)Acc and The National Counselling Society (MNCS)Acc also a member of The Institute of Brain Working Recursive Therapy and am on the Professional Standards Authority accredited register, set up by the Government to improve standards and safety for the benefit of the public. I am bound by membership of these professional bodies to work within their stated ethical code, which includes working with client confidentiality and receiving professional supervision for my caseload.
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Ageing and related issues
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Cultural issues
- Divorce & Separation
- Eating disorders
- Financial difficulties
- Gender identity
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Parenting skills
- Post-traumatic stress (PTSD)
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Languages Spoken