Mrs Shirley Mearing
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS16-03908
I am an experienced counsellor, play and creative arts therapist, clinical supervisor and Energist based in Kent. I work with children, young people, and adults, having had experience as a counsellor, therapist, supervisor, energist and mental health practitioner working in schools, charity organisations, Mental Health clinics, Social care and Fostering organisiations as well as running my own well-established private practice.
I offer one-to-one sessions which are conducted face-to-face, with daytime and evening appointments available during the week and on occasional Saturdays. These appointments can either be short-term (6-12 weeks) or long term, depending on your personal needs.
I am also able to offer some group sessions dependant on number and need. This is usually within a work force context e.g. Nurses, Social workers, Therapists,Teachers and Teaching Assistants, Fire Brigade and other rescue services.
My approach to my intervention is integrative with a humanistic ethos, which means that I am able to apply a range of different approaches and techniques to suit your issues and preferred way of working. I offer a non-judgmental, compassionate, safe, friendly, confidential, warm, caring service which takes place in rural Kent, where I provide the right support to suit your needs and specific problems. I am also able to travel to the workplace if appropriate.
My clincial Supervison work includes supervising counsellors and Therapists,Social Care workers, Residential Childrens Home Managers,SENCO's and Family Liasion officers, Community Childrens Nurses and other NHS staff.
Confidentiality is extremely important, and this will be discussed with you during the initial consultation where you will also have an opportunity to ask any questions.
I have regular supervision and undertake Continued Professional Development Training (CPD). I also have a current Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced Certificate and hold professional insurance.
I look forward to hearing from you, feel free to email me, together we can work through any issues you bring in order for you to experience a more balanced enjoyable life.
You didnt come this far...to only come this far. Get in touch.
- Qualifications & ExperienceI am a qualified holistic therapsit, using counslling skills, Creative arts, Sandplay, Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) Solution Focussed interventions and Neurolinguistic Programming (NLP).I am also a qualified Attachment and Filial Play Coach, Dyadic Developmental Pshycotherapy level one practitioner,Mental Health Practitioner and Energist.I am also a qualified Clinical supervisior.
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Ageing and related issues
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Autism & Aspergers Syndrome
- Bereavement / Loss
- Cultural issues
- Divorce & Separation
- Eating disorders
- Financial difficulties
- Gender identity
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Parenting skills
- Post-traumatic stress (PTSD)
- Pregnancy related issues
- Sexuality Identity
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Young people and children
- Languages Spoken