Mr Christopher Williams
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS16-03430
Location: Bentham Nr Lancaster
I have been Counselling for over twenty years. In the 2016 New Years Honours list I was awarded the MBE for my work.Prior to working as a Counsellor , I taught children with emotional and behavioural problems.I have, also experience as a Counselling Lecturer having worked at the University of Cumbria in addition to various FE Colleges.Whilst at the University of Cumbria I was given the opportunity to manage the Student Counselling Service as Head of Service.
My time in Counselling has also seen me work as a Supervisor and Exam Board Moderator.
I have worked in the Charity Sector with both RELATE and CRUSE bereavement care .Whilst with CRUSE I was part of the team that designed the training programme for Counsellors working with children and young people. I am a Senior Associate Member of the Royal Society of Medicine
My present posts involve me working in a number of schools with young people with a variety of difficulties. I set up my own Company called INSIGHT with the motto 'Working today for a better tomorrow' this sums up my attitude to the therapy I offer . I have experience of working across the age spectrum , both with young people and adults. Please contact me if you have any questions and I will endeavour to answer them. Thank you for taking the time to read my profile , and always remember that its important for YOU to find the 'right' therapist for YOUR needs !
Please note although I have a Lancaster postal code I am based in LOW BENTHAM .
- Qualifications & ExperienceCertificate of Basic Training, British Society of Medical and Dental Hypnosis, 2007; Certifcate in How to Manage Anger and Conflict, EPB, 2003; Certifcate in Counsellor Supervision, University of Leeds, 1998; Certifcate in Cruse Counselling Supervision, RELATE trained, Certificate in Bereavement Counselling.
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Ageing and related issues
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Autism & Aspergers Syndrome
- Bereavement / Loss
- Divorce & Separation
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Parenting skills
- Post-traumatic stress (PTSD)
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Young people and children
- Languages Spoken