Ms Michaela Phoenix
Also known as: Kye Phoenix
Member Status: Fellow Accredited
Member No: NCS16-02802
Welcome, I am an Integrative Psychotherapeutic Counsellor, Supervisor and Trainer with 35 years experience of working professionally with individuals and groups of people seeking consultation on and support with the incredible range of challenges that life can bring our way.
I have been working as a therapist for the last 25 of these years and I believe passionately in the ability of human beings to survive and recover from trauma, to adapt to new circumstances and to grow through sometimes incredibly difficult experiences.
Just knowing that we are truly heard and our situation understood cannot be underestimated and in my opinion is the very basis of where therapy begins. We are all individuals and I can offer you the opportunity to be heard from your own unique perspective.
I aim to provide a comfortable and welcoming space where you can choose from a 'menu' of interventions and find the route most suited to your needs.
• Time Focused Therapy - between 6 and 12 sessions as an average.
• Open Ended Therapy, which is as long as you need it to be and can be for a few sessions or several years as required.
• Short Intensive Therapeutic Programmes that range from a minimum of 2 hours to a maximum of 6 days (How intensive programmes are spaced is negotiable according to need and content)
I work with individuals, couples and groups.
I also offer support groups and consultation to professionals in Social care, Nursing and Mental Health Services.
Time focused and open ended contracts are usually spaced weekly and sessions last for one hour, I work a 60-minute hour.
My initial training and supervisory experience was Psychodynamic and I can provide this model of supervision when required; I am engaged by a Counselling Service in West Sussex as a Clinical Training Supervisor for students undertaking their accredited Psychodynamic Diploma course.
My work in Social Care, Mental Health services and Substance Misuse services has provided me with further training in BSFT, CBT, CAT and MI and my Integrative model draws strongly from Psychodynamic, Gestalt and Transpersonal influences.
I am passionate about supervision; the opportunity it provides for collaborative working, working with an open heart and mind and exploring together the landscape that appears before us when we allow ourselves to be fully present and attend to what is being communicated on all levels.
If you share this passion or would like to then please contact me to discuss how we may work together.
- Qualifications & ExperienceMarch 2015: Accredited Certificate in Transcending Stress (Mindfulness/ Satyamvidya Yoga) – Essence of Consciousness - Glastonbury
June 2013 – PG Diploma in Integrative Supervision – The Grove Practice – Regents College, London
July 2011 – Certificate of Approved Healership – The British Alliance of Healing Associations
Feb 2005 - Dip.RSA (Management Level 4) – OCR – Sussex Downs College
Sept 2003 – Practice Teaching Award – GSCC – University of Sussex
Dec 1996 – PQ Certificate in Dreamwork and Imagery – Anima Mundi Centre – Brighton
Aug 1994 – Advanced Dip in Counselling (Psychodynamic) – WSIHE (affiliated to Southampton University) – Chichester
June 1992 – Cert in Counselling Skills – L&DCS (Affiliated to WPF) (now Arun Counselling Centre-BACP organisational member)
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Ageing and related issues
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Divorce & Separation
- Eating disorders
- Gender identity
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Parenting skills
- Post-traumatic stress (PTSD)
- Pregnancy related issues
- Sexuality Identity
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Languages Spoken