Ms Michaela Phoenix
Also known as: Kye Phoenix
Member Status: Fellow Accredited
Member No: NCS16-02802
Welcome, I am an Integrative Psychotherapeutic Counsellor, Supervisor and Trainer with 40 years experience of working professionally with individuals and groups of people seeking consultation on, and support with, the incredible range of challenges that life can bring our way.
I have been working as a therapist for the last 30 of these years and I believe passionately in the ability of human beings to survive and recover from trauma, to adapt to new circumstances and to grow through sometimes incredibly difficult experiences.
Just knowing that we are truly heard and our situation understood cannot be underestimated and in my opinion is the very basis of where good therapy begins. We are all individuals and I can offer you the opportunity to be heard from your own unique perspective.
I aim to provide a comfortable and welcoming space where you can choose from a 'menu' of interventions and find the route most suited to your needs.
• Time Focused Therapy - between 6 and 12 sessions as an average.
• Open Ended Therapy, which is as long as you need it to be and can be for a few sessions or several years as required.
• Short Intensive Therapeutic Programmes that range from a minimum of 2 hours to a maximum of 6 days (How intensive programmes are spaced is negotiable according to need and content)
I work with individuals, couples and groups.
I also offer support groups and consultation to professionals in Social care, Nursing and Mental Health Services.
Time focused and open ended contracts are usually spaced weekly and sessions last for one hour, but the frequency and timing of sessions is negotiable according to individual need.
My initial training and supervisory experience is in the Psychodynamic model and I can provide this pure model of supervision when required; I was engaged by a Counselling Service in West Sussex as a Clinical Training Supervisor for students undertaking their accredited Psychodynamic Diploma course.
My professional career has included long term working in Social Care with the Local Authority Children and Family teams, Practitioner and Services Management with Local Authority Mental Health services and Practitioner and Services Management with a National Charitable Provider of Substance Misuse and Criminal Justice services.
I now work as a Senior Therapist in the Wellbeing Team of a University.
During my career I have undertaken further training in BSFT, CBT, CAT, MI, DBT and CFT.
My Clinical Supervision Qualification is in the Integrative model and draws strongly from Psychodynamic, Gestalt and Transpersonal influences.
I am passionate about supervision; the opportunity it provides for collaborative working, working with an open heart and mind and exploring together the landscape that appears before us when we allow ourselves to be fully present and attend to what is being communicated on all levels.
If you share this passion or would like to, then please contact me to discuss how we may work together.
- Qualifications & ExperienceMarch 2015: Accredited Certificate in Transcending Stress (Mindfulness/ Satyamvidya Yoga) – Essence of Consciousness - Glastonbury
June 2013 – PG Diploma in Integrative Supervision – The Grove Practice – now Regents University, London
July 2011 – Certificate of Approved Healership – The British Alliance of Healing Associations
Feb 2005 - Dip.RSA (Management Level 4) – OCR – Sussex Downs College
Sept 2003 – Practice Teaching Award – GSCC – University of Sussex
Dec 1996 – PQ Certificate in Dreamwork and Imagery – Anima Mundi Centre – Brighton
Aug 1994 – PG Dip in Counselling (Psychodynamic) – WSIHE (now University of Chichester) – Chichester
June 1992 – Cert in Counselling Skills – L&DCS (Affiliated to WPF) (now Arun Counselling Centre-BACP organisational member)
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Ageing and related issues
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Autism & Aspergers Syndrome
- Bereavement / Loss
- Cultural issues
- Divorce & Separation
- Eating disorders
- Gender identity
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Parenting skills
- Post-traumatic stress (PTSD)
- Pregnancy related issues
- Sexuality Identity
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Emotional issues
- Job interviews
- Panic attacks
- Self esteem
- Self-defeating behaviours
- Chronic fatigue syndrome / m.e.
- Languages Spoken