Mrs Alison Brown
Also known as: Brignull
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS15-02700
Location: BISHOP'S STORTFORD
I am an integrative counsellor who will tailor the therapy to suit your unique needs and circumstances with sensitivity and flexibility. I offer open ended and short term counselling depending on your individual needs.
It believe it is important to build a strong, secure and trusting relationship with my clients, without making any assumption or judgements. Together we can work through your concerns and the changes you wish to make in your life. I can help you explore your difficulties and gain a greater understanding of the underlying causes and help you to move forwards in a more positive way.
- Qualifications & ExperienceI am qualified to Advanced Diploma level in Counselling and Psychotherapy and Diploma level in Hypnotherapy. I am a member of the National Hypnotherapy Society and the National Counselling Society.
Over the past 10 years I have worked to support individuals and families, helping them to deal with the challenges that life brings, including relationship problems, anxiety and depression, low self-esteem, OCD and phobias, anger management, domestic abuse and bereavement. I have worked for a variety of national and local charities, including Homestart UK and First Stop.
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Ageing and related issues
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Divorce & Separation
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Parenting skills
- Pregnancy related issues
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Languages Spoken