Mr Owen Newman
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS15-02543
I'm an experienced, accredited counsellor and psychotherapist specialising in cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) for problems with stress, anxiety or depression and for breaking negative patterns, cycles or habits that are hard to change.
I'm based in Hampstead/West Hampstead NW3 and also offer counselling via Skype or phone. For more details, please call or email me or visit my website.
- Qualifications & ExperienceI work in the tradition of cognitive behavioural counselling and psychotherapy, specialising in Rational Emotive Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (RECBT), Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (MBCBT), Cognitive Therapy (CT) and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT).
I trained at King's College London University and at The College of Cognitive Behavioural Therapies London. I hold an honours degree in Philosophy, a Certificate in Counselling and three postgraduate diplomas in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy: Diploma in CBT, Advanced Diploma in Integrative CBT, Advanced Diploma in RECBT with Distinction.
- What I can help with
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Ageing and related issues
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Cultural issues
- Divorce & Separation
- Eating disorders
- Financial difficulties
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Post-traumatic stress (PTSD)
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Languages Spoken