Mrs Wendy Godber
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS15-01831
My earlier experience includes many years as a registered nurse, latterly in the psychiatric community and within the NHS. In 1996 I trained to be a counsellor/psychotherapist and have spent the last 20 years in this role.
My approach is derived from the Gestalt and Person Centred training, complimented over the years with regular CPD, (continual professional development) taking extra courses and workshops in other models. To maintain my own sense of physical and mental well being I regularly practice Kriya yoga meditation and pursue an active interest in music.
- Qualifications & ExperienceAdv cert. in Person Centred Counselling for health professionals.
PG dip. Humanistic Integrative Psychotherapy.
Dip. Deep Memory Process (DMP) regression therapy.
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Ageing and related issues
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Cultural issues
- Divorce & Separation
- Financial difficulties
- Gender identity
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Sexuality Identity
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Young people and children
- Languages Spoken