Mrs Judith Dulson
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS13-00546
I have always been interested in what makes us who we are, how genetic aspects and environmental factors influence our thinking, behaviours and feelings, how these dictate the choices we make, and the paths we take.
With over 30 years experience working with young people and adults, in education and now in private counselling, I have learnt that despite our similarities, we all experience life in a uniquely individual way. We therefore need a personal approach when dealing with our individual concerns.
As an integrative counsellor, I use a variety of counselling styles and models to best suit those individual needs. I might use free or guided talk, breathing techniques, guided relaxation, hypnotherapy, art therapy, visualisation, communication techniques, life mapping, inner child release, mindfulness, and much more. All techniques used are grounded in the psychological theories and practice in which I am trained.
And yes, I am passionate about the counselling process, having both experienced it personally, and observed its power to help clients move forward.
- Qualifications & ExperienceBA Psychology, Advanced Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling, Diploma in Hypnotherapy, Qualified Teacher Status
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Ageing and related issues
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Autism & Aspergers Syndrome
- Bereavement / Loss
- Divorce & Separation
- Eating disorders
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Parenting skills
- Post-traumatic stress (PTSD)
- Pregnancy related issues
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Young people and children
- Languages Spoken