Member Status: Senior Accredited
Member No: NCS13-00324
Location: Leamington Spa
Hi, I’m Emily, a senior accredited counsellor and psychotherapist. I work with adults and young people aged 18+.
I understand that sometimes life can feel difficult. Our relationships and the events we encounter can be challenging. They can leave us feeling overwhelmed, anxious, depressed, stressed, angry or generally unable to cope with day-to-day life.
You may be experiencing anxiety or depression, stress in your work or personal life, have low self-esteem and self-confidence, have had a bereavement or loss, or be experiencing difficulties in a relationship. Whatever it is, I’m here to listen and to help you move forward.
Contacting a counsellor can seem daunting. But whether you want to discuss things that are happening now, events from your past or you want to think about how to plan and shape your future, I can give you the time and space to explore your thoughts and emotions.
I'm a bereavement and loss specialist, and have experience of working with anxiety, depression, stress, low self-esteem and self-confidence, and relationship difficulties, among other issues. I use an integrated approach to therapy, which means I tailor every counselling session to suit you and your needs. I don’t believe in a ‘one size fits all’ approach. Whether your therapy is short-term or long-term, I will always work together with you to ensure you get the most out of our time together.
My practice is based in Leamington Spa, where I will typically meet with you on a weekly or fortnightly basis for either short or long-term counselling. I also offer online and telephone counselling. My practice is ideally based for those living or working in South Warwickshire, including students at both Warwick and Coventry Universities.
To book an appointment, call me on 07764 702541.
- Qualifications & ExperienceI have experience of working with a wide range of issues, including depression and anxiety, relationships, low self-esteem, stress, abuse, self-harm and trauma. I have also completed specialist training in bereavement and loss.
My qualifications are:
- Advanced Professional Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling (Ad. Prof. Dip. PC)
- Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling (Dip. PC)
- Foundation Course: Awareness in Bereavement Care
- Certificate in Advanced Counselling Skills (MASC Ad. C.S.)
- Certificate in Basic Counselling Skills
- BA (Hons) English and European Literature
I work in accordance with the NCS Code of Ethical Practice. As part of my commitment to this I undertake regular professional training. I also hold full professional indemnity insurance.
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Ageing and related issues
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Divorce & Separation
- Financial difficulties
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Pregnancy related issues
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Emotional issues
- Panic attacks
- Self esteem
- Self-defeating behaviours
- Languages Spoken