Mrs Maxine James
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS13-00265
I've been a accredited integrative counsellor for 5 years, and worked in a voluntary capacity for a respected local organisation for 2 years as a person-centred therapist.
I was trained as an integrative counsellor; so I’m able to tailor your session in many different ways to suit you, thus making you feel at ease.
I believe for counselling to be affective, we need a good foundational relationship between client and therapist. I will provide a safe, confidential and judgment free space to achieve a good working relationship, thus making you as the client feel comfortable so that I can support you on your journey.
I work from two different locations. The first is a 10 minute drive from junction 24 (kegworth) and the other is about 10 mins drive from M1 j25, 5 mins walk from long Eaton train station and it’s on a regular bus route
I also travel out up to a 15 mile radius, which I feel accommodates anyone who doesn’t feel comfortable leaving their home, or travelling.
- Qualifications & ExperienceAdvanced professional diploma in psychotherapeutic counselling.
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Ageing and related issues
- AIDS / HIV
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Cultural issues
- Divorce & Separation
- Eating disorders
- Financial difficulties
- Gender identity
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Parenting skills
- Post-traumatic stress (PTSD)
- Pregnancy related issues
- Sexuality Identity
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Languages Spoken