Mrs Theresa McCaskie
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS13-00186
Location: St Ives
I am a fully qualified and experienced Integrative Counsellor/Therapist working with adults, young people and children, (NCS Acc. Ad Prof Dip PC).
I am currently working towards registration as a Sandplay Therapist.
I have been working with children and families for 20+ years.
As well as working in my own practice I also work with Relate, as a school therapist offering a creative approach to therapy enabling the young person to explore their challenges and I volunteer with Cruse Bereavement Services, supporting Adults and children.
I work long or short term with adults, young people and children offering a supportive non-judgmental therapeutic setting, providing a safe environment to explore the aspects of life affecting you so you can move from where you are to where you want to be.
If you would like support please contact me to discuss.
- Qualifications & ExperienceAdvanced Professional Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling.
(Professional Accredited Registrant National Counselling Society).
Diploma in Hypnotherapy (Member National Hypnotherapy Society).
Certificate in Counselling skills.
Awareness in Bereavement Care.
Member of The Association for Sandplay Therapy.
Child Protection Training Certificates.
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Ageing and related issues
- AIDS / HIV
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Autism & Aspergers Syndrome
- Bereavement / Loss
- Divorce & Separation
- Eating disorders
- Financial difficulties
- Gender identity
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Parenting skills
- Post-traumatic stress (PTSD)
- Pregnancy related issues
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Young people and children
- Languages Spoken