Mrs Faye Blackwell
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: FB00P05
An experienced practitioner of 17 years, I work using a wide range of counselling approaches to understand you as an individual and create personal, tailor made therapy just for you. Open, non-judgemental and impartial I aim to provide a warm and safe space for you to rediscover yourself, evolve and grow. A commitment to showing you respect, patience and understanding enables me to help you work through and overcome your obstacles so you can go on to reach your full potential.
- Qualifications & ExperienceMy earlier professional career and voluntary work resulted in training and numerous qualifications in disciplines such as Counselling Skills, Advanced HIV and AIDS Transmission and Treatment, Sex and Sexuality, Death and Dying, Working with Stigma, Palliative and End of Life Care, Drugs and Drug Use.
In 2000 I was a awarded a Diploma in Hypnotherapy (Dip.Hyp) with distinction, from Chrysalis Courses; accredited by the National Hypnotherapy Society (HS).
In 2001 I researched and completed my dissertation on The Use of Hypnosis in Pregnancy and Childbirth, resulting in the award of Advanced Diploma in Hypnotherapy (Adv.Dip.Hyp).
My Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy (Dip. CP) was awarded in 2005, again with distinction and accredited by the National Counselling Society (NCS).
I am now an Accredited Member of the NCS and a Fellow of the HS.
In 2012 I trained as a Family Mediator on a course accredited by the Family Mediation Council and the College of Family Mediators. More recently, I completed an Open College Network course on Mentoring Young People.
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Ageing and related issues
- AIDS / HIV
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Divorce & Separation
- Eating disorders
- Financial difficulties
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Parenting skills
- Post-traumatic stress (PTSD)
- Pregnancy related issues
- Sexuality Identity
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Violence / Victim support
- Young people and children
- Languages Spoken