Mrs Sharon Barrett-Legg
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS17-05375
My main training has been in Brief Therapy within the NHS within this role I actively use CBT and coping mechanisms in range of areas such as Trauma, PTSD, OCD, anxiety, stress and depression. I am also Cruse bereavement trained and have worked with a local children's hospice as a volunteer. Having spent many years working in the commercial sector at a senior level it has given me a unique insight into the anxiety and stress that such roles can create and I am well placed to support those in such roles.
The number of counselling sessions are very much driven by the client and your needs, the number of sessions offered is the choice of the client, all dependant on your individual needs. Feel free to call me for a no obligation chat if you wish to explore further.
I am also available for home visits again please call to discuss further.
I aim to support you in dealing with the issues that work and life balance can bring with such roles. Allowing you to be more effective, understanding the triggers which cause your issues and the methods with which to deal with them on a daily basis. I am able to travel to offices or have sessions via Skype/telephone counselling. I work within the ethical framework as laid out by the BACP of which I am a registered member.
- Qualifications & ExperienceOpen University Foundation Degree in Counselling, CPCAB DipCouns, Cert HSC (open), Registered member of BACP and an Accredited Member of the NCS. I am also Cruse bereavement trained and have worked with people to support them in their grieving process. Diplomas in CBT and Mindfulness.
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Ageing and related issues
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Cultural issues
- Divorce & Separation
- Eating disorders
- Financial difficulties
- Gender identity
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Parenting skills
- Post-traumatic stress (PTSD)
- Pregnancy related issues
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Languages Spoken