Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS16-02888
Welcome to my profile.
My counselling approach is person centred, on a one to one basis. I am qualified to work with various issues such as; stress, anxiety, low self esteem, relationship, bereavement, abuse (sexual, physical, mental) addiction, OCD, self harm, trauma and much more. I have worked with a variety of people who have brought a wide spectrum of issues into counselling.
Psychotherapy is a process of getting to know oneself.
My approach is to help you make sense of the impact of past experiences on current problems, and also to focus on making positive changes in the here and now.
Prior to becoming a counsellor I have experienced a variety of care work such as; Challenging Behaviour Teenagers, Elderly, Disabled Adults, Severely Disabled Adults and Children, Alzheimer's.
I follow the NCS Code of ethics, every person is treated equally with the same core conditions.
- Qualifications & ExperienceAdvanced Level 4 Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling (Ad Dip PC)
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Ageing and related issues
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Divorce & Separation
- Gender identity
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Parenting skills
- Post-traumatic stress (PTSD)
- Pregnancy related issues
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Young people and children
- Languages Spoken