Dr Marilyn Tew
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS14-01263
Marilyn is a BACP and NCS accredited Integrative Counsellor /Therapist, a qualified Counselling Supervisor and Accredited EMDR Practitioner.
Alongside her private practice, in which she works with people of all ages struggling with trauma and PTSD, she provides therapeutic interventions with families and young people within a Social Services context. She has worked for several Employee Assistance Programmes providing counselling to employees of both commercial and non-commercial organisations. She is a supervisor and counselling trainer.
She has a history in education, and specializes in working with children, teenagers and young adults. She trains in group dynamics and is an experienced group facilitator.
- Qualifications & ExperiencePhD; Master of Education (guidance and counselling); PGCE; BSc(Hons); Diploma Therapeutic Counselling; PG Diploma Counselling Supervision; Accredited EMDR Practitioner.
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Divorce & Separation
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Parenting skills
- Post-traumatic stress (PTSD)
- Young people and children
- Languages Spoken