Mrs Ann French
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: AF00P09
Location: Plumtree Park
It’s always good to get to know a bit about your counsellor before you dive in.
Firstly, I’m Ann, and I’ll be your therapist when you start your journey with me. I’m a warm, approachable, and understanding professional.
What training have I had?
In terms of accreditation, I’m trained to the highest standard of Counselling (Psychotherapy) with up to date thinking in the Person Centered Therapeutic approach and Integrative therapy. Also Cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT)
As well as this, I’m also a member of the National Counselling Society and adhere to the associations’ ethical framework for good practice to maximise your safety and wellbeing.
Who have I worked with?
I lecture counselling level 2 at a local college under the Counselling & Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body CPCAB allowing others to understand more about counselling and how it can alter people’s lives. I teach at a metal health college supporting students through their journey to recovery in Nottingham. I also worked as an Advocate for a well-known national children’s organisation and worked with victims and witnesses of crime through the court procedure.
- Qualifications & ExperienceIf you’d like to start your journey with Ann, here’s a bit more information about me:
• I provide counselling for ages 14+
• Professional Accredited Psychotherapeutic Counsellor Diploma
• Practitioner to practice as a Counsellor and Psychotherapist ‘Dip. PC.
• Member of the National Counselling Society MNCS (ACC)
• Royal College of Nursing Accredited
• UKATA Transactional Analysis 101 certified
Where can you find me?
Ann’s Counselling is based in Plumtree, Nottingham (close to Keyworth and five minutes from A46 and ten minutes from West Bridgford). However, with circumstances and distance considered I could travel to support you in your home for our first meeting.
Why not give me a call?
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Ageing and related issues
- AIDS / HIV
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Cultural issues
- Divorce & Separation
- Eating disorders
- Financial difficulties
- Gender identity
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Parenting skills
- Post-traumatic stress (PTSD)
- Pregnancy related issues
- Sexuality Identity
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Young people and children
- Self esteem
- Children / teenagers
- Languages Spoken