Benefits of Individual Membership
- We believe that counselling is a vocation and want to ensure our members feel valued and supported.
- We view counselling as a unique vocation where the personal qualities of the counsellor are a key factor to success
- Membership is treated like a partnership with the Society
- Our members, in short, are the source of our expertise and we listen to what you have to say and share ideas with all our members.
- The Society continues to grow and gain recognition
- We successfully campaigned against the previous Government's regulation plans
- The Society register is accredited by the Professional Standards Authority
- Belong to a body which gives you a direct voice in policy - make your voice heard
- Environmentally conscious with 90% of work done online
- Friendly and knowledgeable team
- A team actively involved in PR and networking to raise the profile of the Society and increase members opportunities
- We recognise you as an individual. You are a name, not a number
Straightforward Application Process
- Friendly, timely and transparent assessment for membership
- Dedicated team member to help you with your application
- Flexibility for full time, part time, paid or volunteer counsellors
- Membership achievable post-qualification and for part time and volunteer counsellors
Back to Top
- Preferential rates to attend events that are part of the NCS CPD training programme
- We provide a wide range of client gaining services
- Affordable membership costs - streamlined administration
- Eligibility to join the Royal Society of Public Health
- Monthly e-newsletter that members can contribute to
- Preferential rates for insurance
- Use of Society leaflets, pens, brochures and posters
- Yellow Pages block advertising scheme
- Find a Counsellor listing on our website
- As a student member of the Society you can apply for the NUS Extra Card.
- NCS Members receive a 20% discount on Routledge’s products.
- NCS Members receive a 30% discount on selected titles with SAGE.
- The NCS is an approved body for those members who wish to explore tax relief